Monday, November 21, 2011

Team,
How did the challenge go? did the push ups keep the blood flowing? Alright I know this is a big week for dieters but rest assured I have a beacon of hope for all of you dreaming about a turducken or turturkeykey(turkey inside of another turkey). The key to being successful with any diet is discipline to a point. Why bother dieting if you aren't satisfied? I can state from experience that some diets can make a brother miserable and there is no point to that. My rule of thumb for maintaining a disciplined diet is 80% of the time you follow your chosen food regimen to a T. The other 20% cheat like there is no tomorrow. That doesn't mean cheat 20% of everyday cause that's ineffective but come Turkey day I'm gonna eat as much as I want. Just be disciplined the rest of the week.
Another tradition my wife and I have is go on a walk after thanksgiving dinner. Just bundle up and take a nice stroll for an hour after the big meal. This will help your body process some of the food you ate and hopefully burn of at least some of the carbs from your candied yams. I want to wish everyone good luck in their turkey day adventures.

Cheers
JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment