Sunday, November 13, 2011

Gut Check Time


Alright team I am new to the RKG ramblings but some of you know me from around the gym. What I want to talk about today is conditioning. Something’s are born into people natural talents agility, movement, instinct are all things that a person can be born with and to an extent conditioning can be but for the large majority conditioning is something that needs to be trained. This means putting in extra time. If you
want to fight you need to be training your skills, adding tools to your
toolbox, working technique like a demon....
BUT AFTER ALL THAT YOU NEED TO CONDITION!

This means an hour before or after technique work devoted solely to conditioning. The gym provides an awesome class called H.I.T. Fitness and I think anyone and everyone could benefit from this class. It is a whole body workout with conditioning, functional strength training, and agility. The key with any class like this is you only get out of it what you put in. If you want success in conditioning you need to approach it with an extremely high PMA and zeal. I know it's rough sometimes I've been there. Dog tired and just want to quit. But it’s that time, GUT CHECK TIME. In that moment you need to dig deep and carry on. If you do I guarantee you will be rewarded in the end.
If you can't make it to H.I.T. then get out there and move for 40 minutes to an hour. Go run, bike, hike, snowshoe, cross country ski, moon boot, pogo stick or whatever floats your boat for an hour. My personal preference to the amusement of my neighbors and chagrin of my wife is running throughout my little town of Norwalk wearing a flak jacket and carrying an axe. The point is to MOVE for an hour.
I guess in this post I definitely hit the ramblings part of the blog title. I promise in the future that I will be much more succinct.

No comments:

Post a Comment